Sunday 19 June 2016

Personal Professional Development

Personal Professional Development


Notts Trent University


19/06/16



While the trip to the Notts Trent University degree show wasn't as interesting as last year, (to begin with) I found myself highly inspired when walking around the last gallery we went to, which consisted largely of sculpture made by the students in their final year.

Before we walked around the exhibition show, me and a friend who were both experimenting in the field of fine art were able to talk to one of the students who had a piece on the exhibition, and who was also a past student at the college I am currently studying at.
Talking to her gave us an insight of what it would actually be like within a very independent environment, such as how you would manage costs and told us from experience what is best. She told us about the analysis they receive from the tutors, who in most cases, are within the industry. 
Talking to her made me consider University, which I had never been truly bothered about until recently. 
From my first visit to the Uni, I was already interested in Notts Trent in particular, and the second time around fueled the interest, especially since, while it is a very good university with high standards, I felt like it was a little more accessible.
I had always been worried about going to university because of the costs, however she informed us that to study at Notts Trent, the course was actually cheaper than if you were to study somewhere else.

The pieces I was most drawn to were the ones that had either lights or projections on them, even though it is far from the field that I am experimenting with as of late. I find them mesmerizing and more immersive than a 3D sculpture. 









While I was there, I saw pieces that were similar to what I have been making, especially with the colours and the materials.







No comments:

Post a Comment