Sunday 22 February 2015

Alice In Wonderland: Salazem Grum and Marmoreal

Research and Inspirational Artists


Drew Leshko


22/12/15






Drew Leshko is a Philadelphia based artist who works by carving and building up layers of paper and wood. His work is usually based on buildings in his neighbourhood that he wishes to create a 3D archive of that are in transitional periods. He works from both Observation and Photographs. The buildings he re-creates are at a 1:12 scale


I think this piece is interesting because, due to the scale in which he works, the amount of detail taken from either a photo or from observation is astonishing, including all of the posters and graffiti.


This artist uses a technique in which I wish to experiment, and although I will not be using wood, I will be experimenting with paper and Plasticard, which is used to create small models.


Much like Drew Leshko, I will be using photographs of buildings to construct, which will act as an experimentation and will also help me with the development of my final piece.


These models, while simple looking, are painstakingly created due to one man's hope to preserve his neighbourhood in his own way.


What else will I do:


As well as creating models in a similar way to Drew Leshko, I will also be creating small paper models of castles that I have already researched into, or chosen for inspiration, this will be done before I can start on the models, as it will allow me to practice making small scale models, and making 2D objects into a 3D model.

No comments:

Post a Comment